Protecting Your Personal Details
Big Bead Little Bead complies with all aspects of the Data Protection Act 1998
We are fully committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and that you can shop with confidence in our online bead shop. Should you provide personal information by which you can be identified when using our online bead shop it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- We do not sell, distribute or lease your personal details to 3rd parties without your prior permission or unless required to do so by law
- You will not receive junk mail in any form from ourselves or 3rd parties without your prior approval
What Personal Information is Collected?
We may collect the following details:
- Full Name
- Contact information including Address, Telephone Number and Email Address
- Demographic information such as Age, Gender and Jewellery Making Interests
- Other information related to Customer Surveys or Offers
Why is my Personal Information Needed?
This information is used to collectively study how our customers shop with us with a view to improving our website across the following areas:
- Internal record keeping
- Improving products and services
- Providing relevant promotional emails detailing new jewellery products, special offers, discounts and sales
- Customising the website according to our customers interests
- Undertaking market research to canvas your opinions
If you have allowed us to use contact information in the past for direct marketing purposes and want to change your mind please E-mail Us.
Links to Other Websites
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. If you agree, this file is added and the cookie monitors your visits to a particular website and helps to improve your interaction with that site. In essence cookies allow web sites to respond to you as an individual as well as tailoring a sites operations to your needs by remembering information from previous visits.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer, both for individual sites or on a blanket basis. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website and others.
Overall, cookies help us provide customers with a better online shopping experience by enabling us to monitor traffic to identify which of our pages are the most useful.
A cookie does not gives us access to your computer or any additional information other than the data you have chosen to share with us already.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you are asked to fill in a form on a website look for the tick box to confirm that you do not want your personal details to be used for direct marketing purposes.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request details of personal information held about you. If you would like details of the information we hold on our files please write to us at Big Bead Little Bead, 6 Ransom’s Yard, Bancroft, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, SG5 1NB.
- If you believe that any information we hold is incorrect or incomplete, please E-mail Us and we will correct this information.