Bead Guides, Beading History & Beading Resources
An area dedicated to providing beading and jewellery makers with useful beading guides, beading information, beading instructions and beading tutorials, whilst bringing clarity to beading terminology and beading techniques.
Our easy to read articles are organised across six categories, namely Beading Glossary, Beading Guides, Beading History, Bead Making, notable Jewellery Makers, and Beading Theory.
- Artist Bead Makers Wanted
- Directory of UK Beading Groups
- Glossary of Beading A to J
- Glossary of Beading K to Z
- Glossary of Bead Shapes
- Glossary of Gemstones A to J
- Glossary of Gemstones K to Z
- Glossary of Jewellery Chain
- Glossary of Venetian Glass
- Guide to Bead Sizes
- Guide to Beading Needles
- Guide to Beading Techniques
- Guide to Birthstones
- Guide to Bracelet Sizes
- Guide to Bugle Beads
- Guide to Cleaning Beads & Metal
- Guide to Cords, Threads & Wires
- Guide to Jewellery Findings
- Guide to Jewellery Tools
- Guide to Ojime Beads
- Guide to Preciosa Crystals
- Guide to Seed Beads
- Guide to Wedding Anniversaries
- History of Charms & Bracelets
- History of Czech Glass Beads
- History of Faux Pearls
- History of Steampunk
- History of Venetian Glass
- Making Lampwork Glass Beads
- Making Paper Beads
- Making Polymer Clay Beads
- Jewellery Design Miriam Haskell
- Theory Mohs Scale of Hardness
- Theory of Using Colour
- Free PDF Library of Bead Guides
Where these articles contain a useful Bead A to Z, a Bead Chart, a Bead List, an explanatory Bead Diagram, a comprehensive Bead Glossary, a step by step Bead Making Tutorial, or simply explain Bead Terminology they are available as free PDF Bead Guides for you to download. These can be found within some of the individual beading resources, or can be seen collectively in the PDF Bead Library above. Our aim is to build a collection of bead tips and beading guides for beginners, as well as beading resources for those that have moved beyond basic jewellery making techniques.
If you cannot find the guide to beading that you need; you would like to submit a beading guide for inclusion; or you have some beading advice that you think we should pass on, then we would love to hear from you using our Contact Us page or by E-mail.
Please feel free to reproduce the information contained in these beading guides for personal or educational use, crediting us as the source and providing a link to our site. If you wish to reproduce any of these guides to bead making for commercial use then please Email Us to discuss your requirements.
Copyright © 2008-2014 Big Bead Little Bead.